Sunday 23 February 2014

Beauty wish list - Feb 2014

So, I've got a few items that I just cannot wait to be able to buy. I'm a little bit greedy when it comes to make up, as I really love to try out everything, I just adore make up and pretty packaging, good quality products, and knowing how to enhance my looks with the best products. By 'best', I don't mean necessarily mean the high-end brands. I mean, as an example, the best shade of bronzer to contour my cheekbones with, or, the best primer for my skin type, and so on.
I'm terrible with buying products, because I can never just buy one, I tend to buy a few more than that, and before I know it, I have a mountain of brand new make up products just waiting to be tried out. As I'm writing this, I know I still have reviews to write on the Miss Manga mascara, and the Dream Matte BB Cream by Maybelline. But, a few products that I have my eye on at the moment (and cannot wait to review!) are:

The Bourjouis evening in Paris set- £29.99

The Bourjois evening in Paris set is retailed at £29.99 and can be purchased from Selfridges. It doesn't contain any face products like foundation or concealer, but it does contain a timeless red lipstick, a classic staple Bourjois little round pot blush, a dark smoky eye trio palette (which I would love to try out a smoky eye effect with a feline flick of eyeliner), a volume glamour Max mascara, and a complementary nail varnish. I love to try out new looks with make up, and I love the effortless chic timeless glamour that is everything this set sounds like it has. I've been really wanting to try a red lipstick and winged eyeliner make up look for a while now, so I can't wait to purchase this product.

The Benefit Porefessional Primer- £25


I've used the Porefessional Primer from Benefit before, and loved the effect. As it's a tinted primer, it blends your imperfections and light blemishes better than a clear primer would, and if you have relatively clear skin, this is a great product that just makes you look like you have fresh, natural, beautiful looking skin. My skin is in really bad condition at the moment, so I need more coverage than this product provides, but for when my skin does get clearer, this is probably my favourite ever product. The Benefit moisturiser is equally a really beautiful feeling moisturiser, it is rich and buttery feeling when you have it on your fingers, and it is incredibly hydrating for your skin, it gives you an amazing glow and lasts all day, and again, when my skin is clear, this is my favourite moisturiser.

The Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - £5.50


I've heard really good reviews about the Lush lip scrub. The only negative I've heard about it (and I do an extensive amount of research on all things I want to buy, so one negative is barely anything compared to the 90% of reviews that contain 5 stars) is that some of the customers that bought the product didn't like how it came in a little pot, and would have preferred it to have come in a lipstick form instead, for ease of use when out and about. I personally doubt I would take it out of my house, I would personally leave it stored in my indoors make up bag, so the negative isn't really an issue for me. The good things I've heard about it, like all Lush products, are that it smells amazing, the sugar is a natural exfoliator so it's really good for your skin, and that it's a really effective lip scrub, and, at £5.50, it is the cheapest thing on my wish list, so it will probably be one of the next products that I will buy.

And finally, the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual- £16.75


So, the last thing on my current wish list is the Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual. As much as I love to purchase make up, it would be really great to be able to be shown how to apply the make up in the best way to enhance my personal features, and there are just so many make up looks I want to try! Plus, I really want to study Beauty Therapy in September, so this book would be really beneficial for at least part of course content, and I believe, would only benefit me in a career in Beauty. I generally don't tend to read many books as I find they don't interest me, but I imagine this one will keep me interested for a while.

There you have it - my complete current wish list (for this month at least!) what products are you looking forward to purchasing? Do you have reviews on any of the products? I'd love to hear what you thought of them.

Sammii-Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment