Thursday 27 March 2014

7 deadly sins of Beauty

Ive seen the '7 deadly sins of beauty' tags going around on other blog sites, and via Facebook, and although mine is a little late, I thought I'd share mine too!


Greed - What is your most expensive beauty item, and what is your least expensive?

Most of my good quality products range from about £25-£30, and although I wasn't too sure on the exact prices of these products, I know that they are all in that range somewhere! I believe the Clinique anti-blemish set was £25 (although I personally consider that a fair price for three products), the Stila eyeshadow palette was also £25, Benefit's total moisture moisturiser was £27.50, and the Estée Lauder invisible fluid makeup was at the top of the price range, at £29. As for my least expensive (but also one of my strong favourites, ever), is my Burt's Bees lip wax, at £1.80 from Amazon!



Wrath - What beauty product do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?

My Percy & Reed hair primer is such an amazing product, I absolutely adore it, but at £18 I find it incredibly hard to justify buying it! Plus, it really isn't easy to get - I've only seen it for sale on Amazon, BeautyBay, and in large John Lewis department stores. I'm hoping to be able to buy a Percy & Reed travel hair care set soon, so that I can sample a few more products from the range, because the products are just such good quality!



Gluttony - What are your most delicious beauty products? 

For taste, the Lush bubblegum lip scrub! I think I eat more of this than I actually use - not intentionally! I don't quite spoon it out the jar, but if any lands on my lips, I'm always more likely to eat it than scrub it! Fragrance-wise, I can't believe I didn't include it in the picture, but I've only just thought of it - my Palmers Cocoa body butter. Colour-wise, Max Factor's Glossfinity nail polish in Coral Cutie is such a pretty shade, and Rimmel's colour rush lip pen in Rumour Has It, has such a gorgeous raspberry tone.



Sloth - What product do you neglect, due to laziness?

My Mac brow set, definitely! I remember being so excited to use it, but in all honesty it is fiddly, and I haven't had the time to practise and get the knack of using it, so I've just continued to pencil my eyebrows in. Saying that, I had my eyebrows waxed yesterday, so I haven't bothered to even pencil them today, either...



Pride - What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?

Having good, clear skin makes me feel comfortable with myself. If I have good, clear skin, neat eyebrows, and a little flick of mascara, I can feel ready to take on the world. I've had really problematic skin of late, but at the moment, the Clinique anti-blemish solutions 3 step system is helping me to achieve clearer skin.



Lust - What product are you lusting after at the moment?

I'm a huge Clinique fan, and I've honestly got my eye on atleast... Half of their product range?... But while the anti-blemish kit is working for me by clearing up my spots, I still do have a bit of redness, so the redness solutions daily relief cream would be great if I could afford it (at £37), and I would love the all about eyes eye creme - mine always look so tired! I've used the travel-sized pot and it's so refreshing, I love it! As I'm expecting a baby soon, I would also like to have quick and easy makeup products that I can do while on the go - the quick blush is a little compact blush and brush, and the quickliner has a smudging stick attached to the bottom - both products would be great for when you're short on time.




Envy - What makeup things do you wish you could do better?

A lot of bloggers have answered this with 'winged eyeliner' - but I don't really have this problem. For me, I'm envious of those with really good skin, and those who are really great at makeup application. Where I can wing eyeliner, blend eyeshadow to create a smokey eye effect, apply false lashes, and create a flawless makeup base, I'd really love to be know how to wax my own eyebrows, too. It's fairly cheap at the salon, and in all honesty I like having it done, but I would also really like the option of being able to do it myself, for ease.

So, there's my 7 deadly sins - I hope you've enjoyed reading something slightly different!

Sammii-Jane x






No comments:

Post a Comment