Wednesday 19 March 2014

Clinique Happy in Bloom

Hey guys! As you may or may not know, I have been on the lookout for a new perfume. The way that I like to do this, is to sample a lot of different perfumes, to leave it for a few days to have some time to think it over, and then go back to the store, test the fragrance again to see if I still like it, and if I do, I will then buy it. I went in to Boots on Sunday purposefully to find a fragrance, and, at the time, I really liked the Estée Lauder Modern Muse perfume. As today is now Wednesday, I thought I would go back today to do the final check on whether I still liked it - but, to my great surprise, I did not! But I had really expected to be purchasing it today so that did really surprise me!

So, I started spraying around some more perfumes, in an attempt to find one I did like. I sampled Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Dior, Lancôme; so, so, so many brands, until I passed the Clinique counter. I remembered testing the new Happy in Bloom fragrance on Sunday and liking it, and then when I tested it again today I luckily had the pleasure of finding out I still did like the scent! 


What was equally pleasurable to find out, was that Clinique had a deal - if you bought two products (one had to be skin care), then you would get the pretty tin with six travel size products thrown in for free! The tin makes an absolutely fantastic promotional item, and as the Clinique perfume was only £26 (I had been prepared to pay £45 for the Estée Lauder fragrance), I knew I did still have some money leftover to afford another product as well!


The Happy in Bloom fragrance is a 30ml bottle, so it's also not too big or bulky to carry around in your handbag! It smells so lovely, both fresh and floral - to me, it smells exactly as Spring should! 


As for my skin care product, for me, personally, I like to buy sets of things to try out, as I think cleansers, moisturisers, and lotions, are all equally important for your skin, and I can never decide on just one! As the full size bottles were all around £20 each, I thought that this set, containing half size bottles, would be a far more ideal purchase for me! I bought the anti-blemish 3 step solution system, which was £25. I'm very interested to try this out, as I do have such problematic skin, and it would be amazing to just find something that works for me. I've been using Clean and Clear for the past month, but I feel like it might be a little too harsh for my skin, and I know that Clinique products are generally much more gentle, but equally as powerful. 


I thought you guys might also be interested in the little travel-size product tin I was given with the purchase. As you can see in the first picture, it's a very pretty Clinique branded tin, with a strawberry-and-floral colourful design. It contains six travel size products:
- the rinse-off foaming cleanser
- the dramatically different moisturising lotion
- the all about eyes eye creme
- the even better skin makeup SPF 15
- the high impact mascara
- and the superbalm moisturising gloss.

I personally feel that this tin would be the most amazing thing for travel makeup if you're going on holiday, as it contains your cleanser, moisturiser, eye creme, and a light cover of makeup, and it isn't big, or bulky, or awkward to fit into a suitcase, holdall, or handbag, I think it's a great selection of products, and could potentially be a full makeup set for those of you with generally good skin! I'm really quite excited to use this, it seems such a lovely set, but as I'm going away to visit my aunt and cousins in Scotland in June, I think I might leave it until then! 

So, the total purchase price for the perfume and cleansing set, was £51.50, and when it comes with all these products too, I really don't think it's a bad price at all, considering I've got ten fairly high-end, good quality products to use now! I'm very happy with today's purchases, and the perfume which was my only intentional product to buy, smells absolutely beautiful!

I can't wait to start using these, and I hope you guys have all had a very lovely, beautiful Wednesday! 

Sammii-Jane x





No comments:

Post a Comment