Monday 17 March 2014

My makeup storage

Hey guys! I have recently had a spring clean on all my makeup storage, and I thought I would share with you the results! It was all a real mess before, it was basically the wicker storage unit on the floor, with magazines, gift boxes, vanity cases, hair products, and perfumes, all piled very precariously high on top of it. Seriously, It looked like a game of Jenga, just before it topples over. As I will soon be having a little one running around, I decided I needed to make it cleaner and safer. So here is what my makeup storage looks like now!


I'm not sure how long it's going to stay so tidy like this though! The wicker basket  is the storage for most of my makeup products, the small box just next to it contains my hair products. On the right, I have my Benefit Total Moisture moisturiser and my daily Ralph Lauren perfume (it's running out though). Next to that, I have two pink tins, one containing cotton wool balls, and the other containing cotton buds. And here's a peek in the top drawer - the only one I'm using for makeup products.


On the left, I have all my Garnier products and Boots body butters that are waiting to be used, and underneath is the Mountain Rose Body Shop gift box. Next to that I have my Liz Earle Skin Secrets book that is underneath my few copies of Glamour Magazine, and on top of those I have my spare makeup brushes, including my Real Techniques bronzing brush, which is slightly to the side of the middle pile. I'm waiting until I have the lip brush, eye shading brush, and eyeliner brush before I actually use it though. Next to that, I have my box of free samples that are waiting to be tested! I'll show you a close-up picture of that next. Behind the sample box is a back of cotton wool balls, and on the far right, an impulse shower and body spray set I received as a Christmas present last year.


As for my sample box, I've been lucky enough to receive a lot of free products! At the very bottom are some sachets that I got from magazines, of body lotions, hair products, foundations, and BB creams. I have a few high street sample products too, like sample bottles of both Simple face moisturiser, and Palmers cocoa body butter. I also have products that were promotional offers, I have four nails inc polishes; two of those came with Glamour magazine, one came with a bottle of diet coke in Boots (I think I got that last summer?!), and one came with the purchase of a Colgate Max White One toothpaste. I also have high-end samples that have come from both magazines and makeup counters, like products from Benefit, bareMinerals, and YSL, and the last things in here are perfume samples. The most recent one I got was the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, and it smells so beautiful! On our last trip to Boots, we saw my friend Hannah (HanClarky on Bloglovin), who gave my mum and I a couple of samples each. My mum is now asking for it for Mother's Day as she likes it so much! 


As for the wicker baskets, the top one has all my face products, including both high-street and high-end primers, cleansers, moisturisers, foundations, BB creams, concealers, bronzers, and blushes. I also have a few face mask sachets at the back. I love Benefit's face moisturiser, as you can see by the first picture of this post I have bought the full size, and, for high-end products, I also love the Estée Lauder Invisible fluid makeup. For drugstore products, I really like the Delice de Soleil bronzer by Bourjois, and the new Seventeen cheek stamp.


In the second basket down, I have all my eye and lip products. The ones at the top are the most recent - I love the Stila In the Light eyeshadow palette, the Mac eyebrow set, and the Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner. Burt's Bees products also smell so good, and my Rimmel Colour Rush lip colour is a huge favourite, too.


In the third basket down, I have my nail products. I do have a lot of different brands of nail polish, Rimmel, Ciate, Nails Inc - but my favourite for shades, price, accuracy, and quality, are the Max Factor polishes.


In the very bottom basket, I have my perfumes. You'll notice only a few are full size - I personally like to only carry around small perfumes, and I also tend to get quite bored of a perfume quickly, so buying a big bottle is generally, nine times out of ten, a waste of both space and money, for me. I have recently come across a perfume that I absolutely love though - Modern Muse by Estée Lauder. I'm hoping to be able to purchase the full size soon.


The final box is the one sitting on top of makeup dresser - it contains my hair products. I generally don't do my hair here though, my mum and I keep most of our products and hair tools collectively downstairs, but these are all fairly recently bought products that I'm still testing. I have Superdrug bendy curlers at the back, which are great for creating a vintage look, and my Aussie hair mousse, Aussie hair mask, and back combing brush, are hair products that I am loving at the moment. I also have travel size Soap and Glory shampoo and conditioner, which I've tried but they're not really suitable for my hair type, but I'm not sure what else to do with them for now. There's also a travel size Tresemme heat defense spray, which I use in emergency when my full size bottle runs out! I've been using this product since I was fourteen and wouldn't use anything else. The last product in here is the Gliss shine spray, which you just spray on to dry styled hair and it gives it a nice glossy shimmer! These are all high street products, which I've found work really well for me! I keep my GHD's downstairs, and I'm really keen to also try the new Ojon hair taming treatment, which is pricey, but it might keep my frizz in check!

So, that's it for my makeup storage - I hope I've either inspired you to spring clean your storage, or the more likely option, of going out to buy more makeup! I don't know about you but I personally get slightly envious when I see makeup products other people have that I want to try! 

I hope you guys have a great week, 

Sammii-Jane x









No comments:

Post a Comment