Friday 21 March 2014

Percy & Reed Wonder Balm Review

Hey guys! So, you might have seen in your local shops that the April edition of Elle magazine comes with a free sample. I was browsing the magazine section when I saw it; when a magazine is sealed then you know it usually comes with a free gift. I picked it up to see what it was, and it was the Percy & Reed Wonder Balm. 


It claimed to be a "miracle hair product, worth £18, a primer that works for everyone", and on the front of the bottle it names itself as the "perfectly perfecting wonder balm". I found these to be very big claims to make, but, Elle magazine would never promote a product if it wasn't good quality. So, although I was sceptical, I was also interested. My hair is very frizzy, very untame, and very difficult to manage, so of late, I've been looking into trying a bunch of different products that help keep it in good condition, and make it easier to style. 


This is what the wonder balm looks like. On the back of the product it describes itself as "A miracle leave-in balm, which helps give you moisture, shine, smoothness, definition, softness, light hold, high humidity protection, and manageability." The idea of it is that it acts as a primer for your hair, after washing and conditioning, you apply this product and it helps tame your hair, and give smoothness and shine, etc. You can use this alone or as a base under other products. I used this product, and Tresemme Heat Defense spray. I combed my hair into three layers and blow-dried it on the diffuser setting of my hair dryer - I've heard that blow-drying it on low heat retains shine and keeps it in good condition as no heat is being used.


have to say, I love this product! For me, I noticed straight away that it made my hair so much easier to style, and the finish was a lot softer than my hair would usually have felt. It does smooth, it does make your hair feel softer, it does tame, and, it does smell amazing! When i blow-dried it last night it felt so mush smoother, and swishy, like I'd just stepped out of a salon, and it smelled so good! It has retained the style well overnight, all I've done this morning is brushed my hair through, clipped my fringe back, and ran some argan oil through my hair, using my fingers. It was so easy, and so manageable, and just what I've been looking for to make styling my hair easier! Honestly, I would buy this product again - it just did everything I was hoping it would, the only criticism I have is that it seems a very small bottle for the price. I'm unsure if this sample bottle (75ml), is a full size of the product or not, but if it is, it's a lot to pay for so little product, but I am going to look into it. If the product is a bigger size I will definitely be purchasing it! 

I hope you guys do give this product a try - for the £4 that the magazine costs, it is well worth sampling! I love it, and I hope you guys do too! Have a great weekend!

Sammii-Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment