Saturday 26 April 2014

How to apply makeup correctly - a flawless finish!

Hey guys! The weather is looking lush today, isn't it?! I decided to make the most off the weather today by meeting up with one of my old friends at a local newly refurbished pub, as it's a safe and clean environment for Elijah too. I managed to do my makeup really well for this occasion, so I thought I would share with you my tips and tricks for this daily makeup look! This is how my makeup went today, completely unedited - I'm actually quite proud I did it so well! 


So, to prepare my skin, I cleansed and moisturised using the Clinique foaming face wash, and the Clean and Clear dual action moisturiser. My skin is quite prone to becoming oily so these oil free, anti-blemish products are perfect for clearing up my skin. I then used the Naturally Radiant 2-in-1 moisturiser and serum - serum is so important for keeping your skin looking fresh. As a final skin care prep, I applied Garnier's tinted under-eye caffeine roll on under my eyes.
I then used Maybelline's Baby Skin pore eraser primer, which is definitely my budget-buy primer - I used bareMinerals Prime Time primer before, but this one feels so similar, and is also oil-free, as well as only being a fraction of the price! Makeup-wise, for my face I used bareMinerals Ready Foundation - this is such a great foundation, I will definitely repurchase it when my current one runs out, and as you can see it just gives you such a flawless matte finish, it is the best foundation I've ever used, and all you do with it is buff it on to your face using the Flawless Face Brush, and it literally takes about thirty seconds. I then contoured my face with Bourjois Delice de Soleil bronzing powder, and lightly dusted my Sleek blusher on to the apples of my cheeks - all still using the bareMinerals Flawless Face Brush! 
For my eyes, I started by defining my eyebrows using a Rimmel eyebrow pencil, by using light strokes and brushing them into place. I then applied my eyeshadow (I was short on time, so just blended it out using my fingers). I used my Stila eyeshadow palette, with the shades Kitten on the inner corners of my eyes, and Gilded Sandstone on the outer corners. I then applied a pair of false lashes (these were just ones I bought from Primark), and left them to dry for a few minutes before applying my Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel eyeliner over the lash line. Lastly, I applied two coats of Maybelline's The Falsies mascara.
For my lips, I prepped using my Nivea rose lip balm, and finished with a coat of LancĂ´me Juicy Tube lip gloss in Fraise.

For my hair, I just clipped my fringe back, and spritzed in hairspray while my hair was upside down, for a little volume as my hair is so flat. The top I'm wearing is £6 from Primark, which I featured in my 'Mini Spring haul!' Blog. So, I hope you guys have had a great afternoon, mine has been lovely, and spent with perfect company! 

Sammii-Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment