Tuesday 15 April 2014

My week in pictures 15.04.14

Hey guys! So, I thought I'd show you what I've been up to this past week, again in the form of pictures! I've mostly been concentrating on my health and physical well being in between taking care of Elijah - I was in a lot of pain upon leaving the hospital after the birth so have been pushing myself to feel okay again within a short period of time. It's normal to still hurt up to two weeks after the birth, and I'm coming up to the end of my two weeks. It was excruciating for the first few days but then I started taking paracetamol and codeine to ease the pain, and I've gradually been able to take Elijah on longer and longer walks in the pram. 


As you can see, I've dyed my hair and taken my first picture with Elijah! He wasn't particularly interested in the camera and preferred to take a nap! After the pregnancy and labour photos I felt so disgusting about how I looked, I know no one has flattering labour photos but mine were awful,and I couldn't wait to just chuck on a box of hair dye, as I couldn't do that through my pregnancy. 


I love the colour, I feel so much fresher now, I really hated the blonde hair I had before! This was a Perfect 10 colour in Light Brown, and I actually really love the shade, as it can appear both dark and light depending on the sunlight.


I've also FINALLY seen Frozen - I really wanted to see it while I was pregnant but no one wanted to see it with me! So once we'd gotten Elijah to sleep, my mum and I rented the movie from the telly - and shared a giant bar of Galaxy! Don't you just love Elsa's glam makeover in the movie?! That dress!


I've also made a few beauty purchases! So, I use the Clean and Clear skin care range, and I really like it as it has sorted out my skin problems, but I find the moisturiser quite mattifying, and although my skin is oily, the moisturiser doesn't do a lot to keep my skin moisturised. So, I found the Olay beauty fluid - I've actually never seen it before, but my mum said it had been around for years, and her mother used to use it every day! It was on offer in Superdrug for £3, and when I swatched it on my hand it was just so softening, and as it claims it's suitable for normal/dry/combo skin, I thought I would give it a try, and I intend to use it over my anti-blemish moisturiser.
I initially only went in Superdrug to look for an eye creme, but I ended up choosing the Garnier tinted eye roll-on instead, as it was also on offer at £5. I've used this before and I do really like it, but I could never justify spending £10 on this when you can get a good concealer for half the price. But as I'm trying to keep my makeup lighter/more natural, I know I do really need a good eye product to stop me looking like a zombie! 
I also picked up a Palmers Cocoa Butter lip balm - as you know I'm a huge Palmers fan, I love the smell and feel of if on my skin. As this lip balm was (you guessed it!) also on offer (at £1.26), I just had to get one. I don't really know why I did pick it up, in hindsight, as I only ever use the Burt's Bees lip wax anyway - but I suppose it's nice to have the option!

I'll be doing a couple of skin care reviews really soon (I've been testing both Clean and Clear, and Clinique), and also a Frozen-style Elsa makeup tutorial, so keep an eye out for those! Hope you're having a great week!

Sammii-Jane x






No comments:

Post a Comment