Saturday 21 June 2014

Holiday to Scotland 2014!

For my recent holiday post, I'm just going to upload a bunch of pictures I've taken from it to show you guys what I've been up to! The first is to show you my holiday nails and cappuccino cheekily making an appearance! This is from the train journey from London to Carlisle.

I have painted my nails using a Leighton Denny Polish in the colour Lolly Pop, but where it looks quite coral in the picture it's actually more of a bright fuschia colour. 

I'm just going to include a few pictures of the house we are staying in, just to give you an idea of what it was like, as personally I love to nose around people's houses! It's so well presented, and just so bright and lovely!
(L-R) - the top left corner is the room we stayed in, top right is the wallpaper and fireplace in the living room. Middle is part of the garden, bottom left is the living room, and bottom right is part of the kitchen! 

This is the River Nith, which is the river situated exactly by the town centre we stayed in! It was a bit of a miserable day but was a nice walk into town! 

Breakfast on the first day here! Waffles with golden syrup, and a coffee! So unhealthy but when you're on holiday I think it's completely acceptable! 

I have had a tiny bit of a shopping haul, as we went shopping in Carlisle yesterday, which has all the shops I typically would like; River Island, Next, Lush, The Body Shop, Topshop, to name a few. I found this absolutely gorgeous pale pink jumper in Next for £28, which I really wanted but just couldn't justify the price tag in the Summer season!

From Lush I bought the Think Pink Bath Ballistic, the Rose Jam Bath Ballistic, and the Creamy Candy Bubble Bar. From The Body Shop, they had a deal on two Body Butters for £7, so I bought two of my favourite, Papaya. We had gotten to Carlisle at around 4, and the shops closed at 5, so it was a mad dash into Starbucks and then all the stores we had wanted to go to! So on the way back, we nipped into Tescos, where I bought two books for £7, The Fault In Our Stars, and Looking For Alaska, both by John Green. I also bought Lindt Dark Chocolates as they were on a deal for £3.50. My last purchase from Tesco was a £4 pyjama top, as me being me, forgot to pack one! 
I also bought a couple of bits from the local odds-and-ends kind of shops, a huge beige coloured wool throw with cute little caramel coloured hearts knitted into it, and also some rose oil fragrances for my oil burner back home. 

I've bought a Babyliss hair wand too, as I've been on the lookout for a good one for ages that met all my requirements. I had wanted it to be specifically a hair wand instead of a tong (as I'm terrible at using tongs!), for it to heat up to 210 degrees, and be in the £15 price range, and I found it in B&M. 

I've also spent a lot of time in Starbucks this holiday week (disclaimer: This isn't my original picture, but I just forgot to take any whenever we've been but wanted to throw in a picture anyway just for general interest!). We've been there at least three times this week as we just have so much family and friends in the area, and it's the most local coffee shop to just meet them and have a catch up. It's been so lovely to see them all, I'm genuinely so gutted about having to go back home as I just really love being up here with them! We had a lovely barbecue this afternoon to end the week and so they could all spend some more time with my three-month-old son, Rhys. We made up a huge batch of chicken, mushroom, and mixed pepper skewers, had a generous amount of strawberries and cream each, and shared a bottle of Prosecco between us, and generally just gorged ourselves on good food, and the best company! It was such a lovely day, it really was absolutely perfect, and Rhys got cuddles with all of my extended family and he was just so happy!

We spent our final day here by the coast, in Carsethorn, and Southerness. We arrived at this adorable little local fishermens pub, The Steamboat Inn, and had a gorgeous seafood lunch of mussels for starters, scampi for the main, and a light coffee for afters! We then went for a walk along the coast, and ended up at the local arcades, where we won Rhys a giant Despicable Me minion! 





I painted my nails on the last day with a gorgeous duck egg blue colour that I borrowed from my cousin. We're now in the car on the way back to London, having a final look at all the beautiful sunny Scottish scenery! It really is such a shame to leave as it's just so beautiful! 

So this has been my holiday this year! Well, I say this year, but we're actually planning to come back in September - I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to as of yet as there hasn't been a date set for my college course to start! But I'm really hoping we'll be able to, as Rhys will be able to engage a little more with my family and they can see him grow and develop! 

I hope you've all got amazing holiday plans this year, and I really hope you enjoy them! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

Sammii-Jane x





















No comments:

Post a Comment