Sunday 8 June 2014

My Daily Makeup for Spring/Summer '14!

I have a complete makeup overhaul around every four months. I really like to have fresh makeup for each new season, as personally, I like quite light, fresh makeup for the Spring season, a warmer foundation for Summer, muted Taupe tones for Autumn, and full coverage for Winter. I've also discovered more recently what makeup suits my particular colouring, and hair - before, I just dyed it a light blonde shade without really thinking about whether it suited me or not. But this year, I've made a conscious effort to always look fairly put-together makeup-wise (my hair is a work in progress), and I feel that the older you get, the more aware you are of what suits you. I think you just get more used to, and accepting, of your personal features, so you choose to work with them rather than despite them. Anyway, this is my Daily Makeup for Spring! 


For my face, I've changed up my skincare recently so I cleansed using Glycerin and Rosewater and moisturised using Boots Cold Cream. Cold cream is so rich, and moisturising, that primer just simply isn't needed, so I've skipped on the primer and applied Maybelline's Dream Pure BB Cream all over my face. I then applied my Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Concealer (in the shade Fair)over my blemishes, and under my eyes, for extra coverage. The concealer doesn't budge, and is a great colour match for the aforementioned BB Cream. I then dusted Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder over my cheeks, and added some Collection by Little Mix Blush (in the shade Perrie's) on top of the bronzer for a pop of colour. I then applied a tiny amount of Loreal Lumi Magique Highlighter to my cheekbones, and brow bones, before setting my face makeup by using a powder brush to apply Sleek's Luminous Pressed Powder. 
For my eyes, I always start by doing my brows in first. For this, I use my Barry M Angled Eyeliner Brush to fill them in with 2true Eyeshadow Duo (in the shade no. 12). I then use the same brush to apply my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner over my lash line. This brush makes the application really precise, and because it's angled it's also easier to get the 'flick' on the outer corners. I then curl my natural lashes before applying False Eyelashes using Eyelure Lash Glue, before binding them together with Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara
For my lips, I prepped using Palmers Cocoa Butter Lip Balm, before applying MAC Satin Lipstick in the shade Brave. 

And that's the finished look guys! This is my Spring/Summer transitional daily makeup look. I hope you guys are looking forward to a lovely weekend!

Sammii-Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment