Friday 11 July 2014

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation Review

Hey guys! So, you might have heard of Bobbi Brown's Moisture Rich Foundation. I absolutely love Bobbi Brown, and will always purchase a product from the brand, over any other. However, when it comes to foundations, I find that it's such an important part of your makeup that you really need to use what works best for you. So when I ran out of foundation yesterday, and after browsing online at various products, I knew what I wanted to purchase. 


I'd also looked at Mac Pro Longwear, and Nars Sheer Glow, but as I do get particularly dry skin on my forehead and my chin, I knew that Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich sounded far more applicable to my particular skin type. I wasn't overly willing to part with over £30 on a new foundation, but I always find such good results from Bobbi Brown as the shades are just so pretty, such good quality, and highly pigmented, I know I'll never be disappointed with anything I purchase. As it was rather pricey, however, I really wanted to get matched at the counter first, and the Counter Sales Assistant recommended the shade Warm Sand. I've always been a Porcelain, but as I've started tanning recently I needed a darker shade, and I was so happy when she chose Warm Sand for me. I've never been a 'Warm' anything!


 This is how it looks on, and I have to be honest, I absolutely love it! It is without a doubt the best foundation I've ever used, I suppose because it is particular to my skin type. A rich moisturiser, and serum were applied beforehand, so my skin was well hydrated for the makeup application. I've done this again today, and have found that this foundation stays on so much better than any other foundation I've tried, though I do still use my Mac Fixing Spray to keep my makeup in place throughout the day. I always use fixing spray as I'm really conscious about my makeup coming off, so I like to be sure that it won't budge.
The Moisture Rich Foundation is full coverage, but also appears very dewy, so your skin appears naturally hydrated and full of moisture. I really love it, as personally I prefer a dewy finish to a matte finish, and it makes my skin look so much healthier than it ever did before. It also applies to your skin really nicely, it's very smooth and silky, and doesn't feel like a heavy foundation at all. The only sort-of-downside (aside from the expense of £31 for such a product), is that it doesn't come with a pump - but then, neither do Mac foundations or Nars foundations. But the foundation does come out of the bottle really easily as it's such a liquidy formula, so a pump isn't really necessary anyway.

So, that's what I've thought of Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation! If you have particularly dry skin, I would really recommend this to you as it really is just amazing! Definitely do use a rich moisturiser, and serum as well though, for glowing skin. I hope you're all looking forward to the weekend - have a good one!

Sammii-Jane x













No comments:

Post a Comment