Sunday 30 August 2015

Cruelty Free Makeup Haul Pt. 2

Cruelty free makeup haul pt 2

Hello everybody! So today I went back into town to get some more cruelty free makeup products after my trip yesterday. I forgot to get bronzer, mascara, primer and foundation, so I picked these up today, as well as a few other bits.


So, firstly I went into my local Debenhams to get the bareMinerals Prime Time BB Primer Cream (RRP £23). I got it in the shade Light, as I had run out of my bareMinerals Prime Time Primer and needed to get some more. I love using bareMinerals and use the Ready foundation in the shade R150 nearly every day. It hides absolutely every imperfection and it's my go-to foundation every time my skin isn't looking it's best. Where the foundation is amazing, I've found that it lasts a lot longer when I use the Prime Time Primer. It is absolute perfection!

While in Debenhams, I was standing by the Clarins counter and noticed these cute little colourful traditional sweety bags, which were advertising a try-before-you-buy sample product deal. After speaking to the consultant she picked five sample size Clarins products for me to try. She gave me the Cleansing Milk, the Water Purify One Step Cleanser, the Gentle Foaming Cleanser, the Gentle Refiner, and the Gentle Day Cream. These were all 5ml samples and I thought they'd be perfect to take to my boyfriend's house when I go there next week. I'm only staying for three days and then I can share with you the product review when I get back! (Just a disclaimer - I don't actually know if Clarins products are Cruelty Free. But they were only sample products, and if they're not Cruelty Free I'll pass them on to my mum. I do not wish to encourage Non Cruelty Free products). 


I then went into Boots and picked up a few items from the Natural Collection aisle. I picked up the ShineAway Foundation, the SunTint Bronzing Powder, and the LashBuild Mascara (all £1.99 each). 

With the Natural Collection products, I didn't really think to buy them before, but after looking in Boots, seeing the word 'Natural' included in their brand name, and reading the back of the products (all products are dermatologically tested), I picked up a few items. I then went across to Starbucks to use their Wifi (as you do) to check if the products were cruelty free, and sure enough, they were. So you really don't have to spend a bomb to get Cruelty Free products guys! Also, I just want to mention that the foundation actually looks like it has a surprisingly good coverage, and a silky texture, which was lovely to discover! 

Footnote: after dong some research, I discovered that both Natural Collection, and Clarins, are cruelty free.

So, I hope you guys enjoyed seeing my Cruelty Free Makeup Haul Pt. 2! I'm certainly looking forward to trying these products. 

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment