Monday 17 August 2015

Going Vegan

So, I know I promised you guys a review in L'Occitane's Jasmin and Bergamot fragrance (which, btw, is beautiful. 'Nuff said). However, that is coming soon, but in the meantime I wanted to tell you guys something else! I recently started a vegan diet and I genuinely really, really, love it. I've never wanted to be one of those vegans who inflict their views on other people but I don't mean anything to patronise carnivores or anything. And I just wanted to talk about it!

So, this is only my third day on my vegan diet. So I'm not going to give out tips or anything that I don't know anything about, however, I will say that if you're thinking about doing it make sure you eat regularly (I personally get hungry quite often in the day). I make myself a reasonable breakfast and lunch portion, and have a big dinner so that I'm full by the time I go to bed. 

I also want to say why I've chosen a vegan diet. I'm not going to list a barricade of reasons but I'll tell you the main reasons. The main one, is that I previously never knew how milk was made (obviously I knew it came from cows, but that was about it). I read recently that cows have to be pregnant in order to produce milk, so they are artificially inseminated so that they keep on producing milk, which can be painful and unpleasant for the cows, and I genuinely find that so vile that we as humans are willing to inflict that on an animal, purely for something to put in our coffee in the morning. I can't even look at a milk bottle without feeling queasy. So I've gone for dairy free vegan alternatives to milk and cheese (you can get soya cheese, soya butter, and soya/almond/coconut milk. I never knew these even existed). 

My next reason is financial. Meat is so expensive that I literally can't afford to buy it each week. Plus, when I do, my son doesn't eat it. He doesn't care for meat and I don't see the point in buying it if it's just for myself. My previous usual shop would cost around £35-£40, but on the vegan diet it's now little more than £20. 

As for my final reason, (this one is going to sound weird) is my current mentality towards meat and animal products. I just don't enjoy it, or even find it remotely appealing, I do not want dead animal on my plate. I do not want to ingest a graveyard. Eating vegan genuinely feels so much cleaner, and I don't have to worry about not wanting to eat dirty animal products. 

If you guys are thinking of trying it, please do, honestly it's really great, I don't regret doing it one bit. 

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment