Wednesday 26 August 2015

Homemade Vegan Carrot Cupcakes!

Hey guys! So, as promised, here is one of my favourite vegan recipes - Carrot Cake! 


Ingredients:
Shredded carrot (I used fresh carrot spaghetti)
Cinnamon
Ginger
Nutmeg
Self raising flour (2 cups)
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup almond milk
Sprinkle of oats 
Squeeze of lime juice

So, I started by putting about two cups of carrot spaghetti into a blender, and blending it into tiny little shreds. I then added in about a tablespoon of each spice, and flour, as well as the carrot mix into a mixing bowl. I then added a tablespoon of vegetable oil, a squeeze of lime juice, and a cup of almond milk, before using my electric mixer to mix it it all together. 
I then spooned the mixture into cupcake cases and placed them in a cupcake pan. I sprinkled each cupcake with a few porridge oats and put them in the oven at 200degrees celcius for 20 minutes. 

Et Voila! Totally yummy, easy vegan carrot cake. I really like mine with a herbal tea. Which, is exactly what I'm going to do now. 

Hope you hugs enjoyed this post!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment