Tuesday 25 August 2015

Summer '15 Favourites

So, Summer 2015. HOW GREAT HAS IT BEEN?! 

I'm actually kidding. I live in Scotland and Summer here has actually been non-existent. We've had maybe three days of it, tops. 

We haven't really been up to much either. I meant to take my son on lots of family days out but honestly we just haven't really been able to. But we're going away in September to meet my boyfriends parents (it's long distance) and there's a zoo close by my boyfriend wants to take us to, and a water park. So fingers crossed! 

Anyway, today I wanted to talk to you about my Summer '15 Favourites. To sum it up in a picture, it kind of looks like this...


1. L'Occitane Jasmin and Bergamote Fragrance
Oh. My. Goodness. This smells amazing. I know every girl says that about anything that smells nice but seriously. I am one of those girls who will buy a perfume and then a week later I won't like it anymore and will stop wearing it. The one I have was a 7.5ml sample size I got free with a magazine earlier this year, and then kind of put it in a draw and forgot about it, which is really bad... I know!
So, anyway, I stumbled across it recently as I was getting a bit bored of my daily fragrance and when I smelt this, it was perfect. It's fresh. It's not floral, it's not musky, it's not overly citrusy... It's a hard scent to describe. I'd say the top notes (to me) are more mandarin and a hint of sandalwood. I like to dab a little bit on to my wrists and then if I'm wearing a jumper or something long sleeved it makes my sleeves smell all fresh and comforting and cosy. Honestly, if there was ever a scent in a bottle that was me, this would be it. It's already made it's way on to my Christmas list and I'm pretty sure I would be happy to wear it for the rest of my life. I think I've finally found my signature scent. Even my boyfriend says it smells like me (pretty sure I just smell of it, but never mind).

2. bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
I've recently dug out my bareMinerals makeup. I LOVE BAREMINERALS MAKEUP. I've never found a foundation that does what bareMinerals does. It's the easiest makeup I've ever used, you sort of just swirl it on with a fluffy brush. It covers acne, is matte, and stays on all day. It doesn't budge. However, the Primer has made it's was to my favourites this year because in the hot weather (I know I said we've not really had Summer, it's been humid, but also wet) a primer really helps your makeup to stay in place. I don't know what ingredients they use in Prime Time, but it's amazing. It really is the best Primer for the Ready Foundation. It just makes your skin look so flawless. Ugh, I can't sing it's praises enough.

3. V05 Smoothly Does It Frizz Free Creme
This Summer, I've been curling my hair nearly every day. This is what I've been using to still get it to look sleek and salon-worthy. The humid weather hasn't affected it and it's kept my ends in top condition and makes my hair look healthy and shiny. 

4. The Sisters by Claire Douglas
I love a new book any time of year. But in Summer, when the weather is dreary and you just want to shut yourself away in your house in a snuggly jumper with a good book, this is perfect. I'd describe it as a psychological thriller. The blurb reads... 
'When one sister dies, the other must go to desperate lengths to survive. 
After a tragic accident, still haunted by her twin sister's death, Abi is making a fresh start in Bath. But when she meets siblings Bea and Ben, she is quickly drawn into their priveleged and unsettling circle. 
When one sister lies she must protect her secret at all costs. As Abi tries to keep up with the demands of her fickle friends, strange things start to happen - precious letters go missing, and threatening messages are left in her room. Is this the work of the beautiful and capricious Bea? Or is Abi willing to go to any lengths to get attention? When the truth outs, will either sister survive?'

5. Orange Splash Yankee Candle
Come on - who doesn't love a Yankee Candle?! This one is my favourite Summer scent. It literally smells of freshly picked juicy oranges! My cousin bought this for me as a present on Mothers Day, and I've not yet used it because I don't know where I can find the candle as I think it was a Limited Edition! If you guys have seen it anywhere please let me know! 

In hindsight to my earlier statement about having a pretty rubbish summer, I may retract that. I mean, I've had perfect makeup, perfect hair, a lot of quality time with my son, and a lot of indoor reading time (which I love!) so really, it hasn't been too bad.

Hope you've enjoyed this post!
Lots of love,
Sam x


No comments:

Post a Comment