Sunday 27 September 2015

My Perfect Autumn 2015 Look

Hello everybody!

So today I thought I would show you my favourite Autumnal outfit that I will be wearing a lot this season! I've never done a lookbook style post as I'm not very body confident, but I just really liked the outfit I had on today and I thought I would show you, as I rarely do fashion related posts. 

The Outfit


I found this navy skater dress in the sale at Glasgow's Topshop for £25. Bargain! When I got home, I paired it with my vintage FCUK denim sleeveless jacket, my fringed Guess hobo bag that I bought last year for around £120, and my heeled suede River Island boots that were from last Autumn/Winter, and my gold floral statement necklace from Primark. I will be wearing this dress with black tights when it gets colder, but the weather today was surprisingly comfortable enough to go out with bare legs!

Where this dress is quite plain, it's also a really snug fit for my body, and is more fitted than it looks. I just threw on the denim jacket as, for me, fashion is all about the mix. This look to me is casual, and slightly bohemian, and is also really versatile and I could wear it anywhere, the nursery run, out for lunch or coffee with friends, or even just to do my Christmas shopping. Unfortunately I can't do the dress justice in the photo, but it is really lovely and fitted, and deceptively comfortable. 

I also feel like this is a really good compromise on the days where I don't want to be wearing burgundy, as (as much as I like it) it's pretty cliche and repetitive. As soon as autumn shows, so do the Ugg Boots and the entire burgundy wardrobe. I kind of feel like it's also just good for any season, but this dress is quite thick material so it's best for the colder seasons. 

The Makeup 

This is the makeup I applied for the day and will probably keep applying this season! Sometimes I opt for burgundy lips but nude lips are so classic they're good for any season.


I've been really into strong brows of late, as well as lashes, a nude lip, and a light blush. I know a lot of people like to go really OTT with their tans and bronzer when it gets colder, but I think pale skin is quite refreshing, plus I like my skin best natural! Tan generally doesn't sit well on my skin and goes patchy really easily. 

The Nails


For my nail colour, I chose OPI Nail Lacquer in the shade 'In a Holidaze' which is a deep vampire red. I feel like this is such a gorgeous shade for Autumn and Winter, and it pairs perfectly with one of my favourite Kate Moss Rimmel Lipstick in the shade 107, which is also a deep rich red. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! 

Sam x













No comments:

Post a Comment