Monday 7 September 2015

Trip to Derby/Lush, Tanya Burr Cosmetics, & Primark Haul

Hello Everybody! I'm really sorry I haven't blogged this past week. My son Rhys, and I, have been visiting my boyfriend in Derby this past week. As some of you may or may not know, we are in a long distance relationship - as I currently live in Scotland! I say 'Long distance' but it's only really four hours, which isn't too bad. Anyway, so we've only been together for a couple of months but we decided it was time I met his parents, so we drove up and had a long weekend there. In that time, his parents hosted a barbecue, and everyone there made vegan food for me to eat, which I thought was very sweet. We also took Rhys to West Midlands Safari Park for a day out, which was amazing, there were wild Gazelles, Deer, and Camels that would walk up to the car for petting, and Rhys absolutely loved it, it was so much fun! There were also lions, hippos, giraffes, buffalo, and so many more animals! We also went to Wagamamas for a meal out, my boyfriend and Rhys both got the Chicken Katsu Curry, and I got the vegan Yasai which I must say was absolutely delicious, I would love to go again but the nearest Wagamama to mine is in Glasgow which is 70 miles away! For those of you who don't know, it's an oriental restaurant that serves noodles and rice and is really popular in London, and for good reason - it's such good value and is really lovely. I also managed to squeeze in a trip to the Westfields Shopping Centre in Derby, which is called Intu, and got to do a sneaky Primark and Lush haul as there were things I wanted in both places, but again, the nearest Primark and Lush are also in Glasgow! I also FINALLY got to buy a few products from the Tanya Burr Cosmetics range. I have been wanting to make some purchases since she bought out her initial line, but I'm so pleased I managed to get some products since her relaunch. Might I just mention, the packaging is bee-yoo-tiful. I'm going to upload my pictures here to show you guys everything. Hope you like it! 

Here are a few pictures from the Safari Park...










I loved the safari, it was such a blast! Here's what I picked up in my shopping haul...


From Lush, I bought the SkinDrink Facial Moisturiser, the Jackie Oates Colour Supplement (it's basically foundation), the It Started With A Kiss Lip Tint, and the Eyes Right Mascara. I have been DYING to get my hands on these Lush products - Cruelty Free, Vegetarian (and mostly Vegan) friendly... I adore Lush! I also picked up the Ickle Baby Bot bath ballistic which I used to run Rhys a bath. It fizzes up and smells of dreamy lavender. Everyone commented on how good he smelt at the barbecue!




When I got to Superdrug I was very pleased to see that it was such a big store! I found the Tanya Burr Cosmetics section with ease. I picked up the Perfect Brows Kit, the Lipgloss in the shade Berry Picking, and a nail polish in the shade Fairy Godmother. I will be doing a review soon so keep your eyes peeled!


So, the last place I went to on my Derby shopping trip was Primark. Here I picked up some really pretty pyjamas for myself. I also got Rhys a pair of slippers, two pairs of shoes, a denim shirt, a little t shirt, and a pair of jeans - I wanted to get him a new outfit for the barbecue. I forgot to take a picture of the clothes I got for him but I promise you he looked adorable! As consolation, here are the pyjamas I got for myself... 


One last thing - Wagamamas Vegan Yasai! It was so delicious, I honestly highly recommend it. It's the most delicious vegan food I've had yet, it was perfect. 


So, that was our trip to Derby! It was really lovely, and we are now back home! I hope you guys have all had a lovely week!

Sam x




















No comments:

Post a Comment