Tuesday 13 October 2015

QOTD

Hello All You Beauts!

As we are now in October, recently I have had a little bit of time to think and contemplate about this past year. I've been thinking about everything, my goals, what I wanted to achieve this year, what I have achieved, and the things that I haven't. The set backs, the good parts, the bad parts, the moments I will remember.


Some day, we will live in a nice flat, and have a car, and I will have a good job, I'll be saving to take Rhys on a surprise holiday to Disneyland, and I will pick him up from school, and he'll be telling me about all the things he did that day, and we'll go home and play together and make hot chocolates, and I'll cherish those moments with him, and times like recently, where we've struggled a lot, will all be a distant memory.

The point of this particular quote, is acceptance. I fully accept I'm not perfect, and I'm okay with that. Who is actually perfect? Nobody. (Except Kylie Jenner. Obvs.) The thing is, is that I may not have the time to be perfect, because I'm too busy focusing on real goals instead of materialistic, artificial ones, however I wholeheartedly believe that you should always be the best version of you that you can be. I don't want to go through my twenties feeling like I never tried enough to have the things that I wanted. I don't want to feel like I wasted my years. I believe that your twenties are about finding yourself, and making things right for you, maybe travelling a little, experiencing life, and your thirties are for settling down and having children or whatever. Obviously I already have a child so I need to provide a certain level of stability for him, which of course I do, but we can always aim a little higher. There is nothing wrong with wanting the best future you can have, and not just settling for second best.

Onwards and upwards!

Lots of Love,

Sam x




No comments:

Post a Comment