Saturday 31 October 2015

Yves Saint Laurent Belle D'Opium Fragrance Review

Hello Everybody!

I've been a lucky, lucky girl. My parents recently treated me to a bottle of Yves Saint Laurent Belle D'Opium Eau De Parfum. I know it retails for around £75 on Amazon, however my stepdads sister, Caroline, sells luxury beauty products so I think my stepdad managed to get it at a good discount! 


I have to say, I genuinely feel so spoilt to have gotten this before Christmas! It smells incredible - I don't really tend to do fragrance reviews on here as I'm not 100% confident in my ability to deliver an accurate, well written review on a scent, but I will give it a try for you today!


Yves Saint Laurent Belle D'Opium is a musky, oriental, earthy scent, with a woody top note, and a floral undertone. It's warm and sexy, and is a strong feminine fragrance. I think it's quite a night-time scent, well suited for a date night, and isn't for the faint hearted! It's seductive, and it's a scent that will linger and wouldn't be forgotten easily. If you wanted to make an impression, this would be the scent to go for. To me, this is a luxurious scent, and it is the kind that could inspire even the meekest of girls to feel like sassy, powerful, and confident, women. 

You know when you're in a club, and there's always that girl who comes in, with perfect hair, flawless makeup, a killer LBD, and even though everyone's watching her, she doesn't seem to even care? She just strides over to the bar, eyes all over her, and orders herself a drink, refusing the men close by who offer to buy it for her. She's sexy, she's cool, she's confident. Belle D'Opium is the kind of scent that that girl would wear. Every girl wants to be her, and every guy wants to be with her. It is seduction, and confidence, wrapped up lovingly in a gorgeous, musky, fragrance.


As for the packaging, it is just beautiful. We all know that Yves Saint Laurent aren't a brand to just meet the standard. They over deliver, and make sure that every product they create is amazing, and Belle D'Opium does not disappoint. This is genuinely probably my favourite perfume of theirs. My mum is obsessed with their Cinema perfume and always asks for a bottle at Christmas! I genuinely think that Belle D'Opium might be my new personal favourite. It's seriously impressive! It just smells so luxurious, it has the whole Chanel No. 5 feel to it, it isn't a cheap smelling perfume. You put on a tiny amount of this, and whoever smells this on you knows that your perfume was expensive! It's so classy, and I'm so lucky to have such amazing parents to have treated me to it!

I really hope that this post hasn't come across as bragging or anything like that, I'm not that kind of person, I am honestly really grateful that I've been treated to something so nice, and I thought that I'd like to share with you my first thoughts on it, and show it to you guys.

I hope you guys have all had an amazing Halloween!

Lots of Love,

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment