Wednesday 25 November 2015

Flat Redecorating, and Christmas Plans!

Hello Everybody!

As you guys may or may not know, one of my Christmas presents is having my flat done up in time for Christmas. So far, I've had my bedroom redecorated, my son has new bedroom furniture, and I'm currently redecorating my living room. I've painted three walls, I still need to wallpaper my last wall (as a feature wall), and I have just had my new sofa, cushions, and little decorative bits delivered, too. The thing that I really wanted the most for Christmas was a nice home for my son, and now his bedroom is done, my bedroom is done, and the living room is nearly done - and we've got a month to go!

For now, I'll show you pictures of my bedroom now that it's finished, and my son's room, too. I'll show you my living room when that's finished too, hopefully soon!

So here's Rhys's room. He's got a new toddler bed, and matching bedside table and chair, and a new Peppa Pig border all around his room. (P.S. George Pig has to sleep on us bed too, or he won't sleep at all). 


And here's my room! It's an awkward shape so I've had to take it from a few different angles. I have always wanted fairy lights above my bed! 


Here's my dressing table. 1960's, and I absolutely love it.


My wardrobe...


And a few close ups of my favourite personal touches! I've got this bright yellow 'Aloha' sign hanging above my dressing table, and I thought it was so cute. I bought it in Dunelm for the ridiculous price of 25p!


On my dressing table, I have this adorable owl lamp, and a Cath Kidston mug holding all my makeup brushes.


On my bed, I have this gorgeous rose cushion I bought in Primark for £2. I know it doesn't really go with the colours in my bedroom, but I thought it was so pretty I couldn't resist buying it!


Once I've finished with the living room, I can then focus on actually getting people things for Christmas - so far, the only person I've bought presents for is my son! I do have an Amazon Christmas List made for my family already - I didn't want to do it out in town as my town centre is really small and doesn't really have a lot, and I don't want to get sidetracked from the things I actually set out to buy. I know it's not very festive, it's a totally lazy option which I do not condone, but it's also surprisingly the cheapest option, and I don't even need to leave the flat. Result! Once I've done my Christmas Gift Shopping, I can then do my Christmas decorations and tree shopping! I also need to buy something for breakfast, as we're doing breakfast and presents at mine (since most of the present will be for Rhys anyway), and then Christmas lunch and afternoon movies and snacks will be at my mums.

So what are you guys doing for Christmas?

I hope it's amazing!

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment