Thursday 5 November 2015

October Glossybox/Girly Day

Hello Everybody!

As I'm currently writing this, it's a very drizzly, bleak, typically British winter day. However, I have a cup of tea to my right, and my newly delivered Glossybox to my left, and I've had a lovely girly morning of getting my nails done, and buying a new dress to wear for when I go out in London next week, so really, I'm in a lovely happy mood! I want to apologise for my Glossybox post being so late, it's taken three deliveries to get here as there were a lot of problems I encountered with the Royal Mail (they literally refused to deliver my box the first time and sent it back to Glossybox), I then contacted Glossybox to get them to redeliver it, and the postman this time walked to my door, stuffed a 'Sorry we missed you' flyer through my letterbox, and left without even delivering my box, even though I was in! I the had to contact my local Royal Mail office to get them to redeliver it again! It's been such hassle but by no fault at all of Glossybox, they were really lovely and helpful. Anyway, it's now finally arrived!

Just a sneak peek because I love them, here are my nails, acrylics painted in a taupe OPI Polish. 


And here's the dress I bought, from New Look, for £14.99. It's black bodycon, with gold and silver glitter and sequins. I'm taking my son Rhys to London next week for my friends birthday, we're staying with her and she has a little boy that Rhys can play with too, and we're going to take the kids out places, and one night we're planning to go out baby-free for her birthday, I'm really looking forward to this trip as I used to live in London, and I have so many friends that I miss so much and three of my friends have also had babies recently too and I'm so excited to see them and meet their little ones!


Anyway, cracking on! Today's post is actually about October's Glossybox, sorry if you got sidetracked by me gushing about London (there will be a post on that too as I love doing posts about my adventures and what I get up to!) 


Receiving a Glossybox is literally like receiving presents in the post. The October box was filled with five full size beauty treats. It's well worth opening the door to the postman while you're wearing your pyjamas looking like crap! This is my first beauty box subscription - my friend recommended Birchbox to me but I felt like Glossybox was the better deal, and I really want the November Glossybox as it's going to be five limited edition Nars products. Nars is the only luxury makeup brand I've never bought anything from so I'm desperate to get my hands on that! I'd also like to say that Glossyboxes are presented so beautifully, it really is just such a treat to recieve them and for under £15 including P&P it's a total bargain!


So here are the products I recieved...


Lanolips Intense Golden Ointment
I believe this is a body moisturiser. It's derived from natural products which personally I really like, I always think that natural products are better from my skin. This's also contains Manuka Honey which is so good for your skin and it smells lovely.


Talika Photo-Hydra Day
This is a face moisturiser which I'm really excited to use! Talika are a luxury French brand and the Photo Hydra Day also contains Hyaluronic acid to leave your skin hydrated. This can also be used to prime skin, so I'm really intrigued by this and can't wait to give it a try!


Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara
This has such a cute name to it - Fairy Lashes! This is also cruelty free which I really love! The packaging is also really gorgeous, and I love the burgundy colour, it's so different from the usual standard black packaged mascara's! I've been running low on my usual mascara so this was perfect timing to recieve a new one!


So Susan Haute Light Highlighting Pencil
This has already got such good reviews from so many other beauty bloggers - apparently it has a really lovely, workable, creamy consistency which makes it really easy to use, as well as leaving a lovely highlight and sheen, and because it's a cream instead of a powder, it lasts all day. I've heard such good feedback about it I was really looking forward to finding one in my Glossybox!


Nicka K Airbrush Blending Sponge
I've recently been converted to makeup sponges, Beauty Blenders, The Real Techniques Face Sponge, and all of the other dupes, so I have to say I'm very happy I got another makeup blending sponge to try! These are my new favourite things as I just think that the Beauty Blenders apply your makeup so flawlessly, it looks so much nicer on your skin rather than with a brush! I genuinely think that this will be the first thing I'm going to crack open! 


Oh, and to end on a positive for my very girly day, I got home and my mum had bought me two copies of Glamour Magazine. The December Issue has Tanya Burr as the cover star, so it was a lovely surprise to  one home to. She bought me two copies as they came with free Clinique sample lipsticks, a red Cherry Pop, and a pinky Nude Pop, and she didn't know which one I'd have liked more so she got me both, which was very sweet of her!


Girly Day done, and I'm going to settle down on the sofa with my copy of Glamour, my new makeup, and get back to my cup of tea! 

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Lots of Love,

Sam x















No comments:

Post a Comment